Friday, July 8, 2011

PLANET OF THE APES

In a matter of weeks a Planet of the Apes prequel will be released.  I've not seen the film, so I cannot comment on it.  I will confess, though, that the storyline seems lame.


Of course, I'm biased in that I'm a major fan of the 1968 movie, which is based on the novel by French writer Pierre Boulle.  (Regarding the other films, I do my best to enjoy the original/1968 film and pretend the sequels don't exist.)


I think that perhaps what turns me off the most about the upcoming release is that what I always found most intriguing about the original film is the idea of the "forbidden zone" and the idea that the apes rose because of a nuclear war.  And I anticipate the new film totally bypasses the "forbidden zone."


If able, check out the documentary Behind the Planet of the Apes.






No comments:

Post a Comment